Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wallflowers - vote!

Several folks have asked to see pictures of the infamous house. Well, in this blog you'll see some, but they may not be exactly what you were looking for.

But today I'm going to ask for some audience participation. You - yes, you - are requested to vote. For in the very house I will be describing, there is ... wallpaper. In true English tradition, there is nary a plain painted wall, but instead, wallpaper. And what I want you to do for me today is to vote on the, er, least attractive. That is to say, tell me which you think is the ugliest in the house. Special bonus for folks who can identify what room the wallpaper is in.

And now, without further ado and in no particular order, we have wallpapers on parade:

1.number 1


2.number 2



3.


4.number 4



5.number 5


6.number 6


7.number 7


8.number 8
(I have included the paneling even though it is not technically a wallpaper.)


Now, believe it or not, I have left a few wallpapers out. These are the kind with a puffy pattern, painted a single color. I felt that the texture wouldn't show up very well. As it is, the colors of the wallpapers aren't showing up nearly as, er, vibrant as they are in person.

As for the rooms, they are: master bedroom, back bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, office, hallway, old entrance.

BONUS PICTURE! Curtains:


And coming soon to a blog near you - another vote! Don't forget to exercise your right (or duty, as one of you pointed out to me years ago).

5 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's easy...the winner is: #6
Reason: It is distracting to the point of giving me the feeling your house is in a cloud cuckoo land. Is the whole room done in that??

I'm bloghopping today and landed on your site. I feel honored in having participated in your wallpaper survey.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger I18n G.A.L. said...

excellent ID, and thanks for voting!

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is too funny! Do you seriously have all these wallpapers in one house? It's almost too hard to pick the 'least attractive' but I will go with #1. No wait, #6. No #2!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger darling said...

1 bathroom
2 bedroom
3 hallway
4 kitchen
5 bedroom
6 another bathroom
7 another bedroom
8 dining room?

lol How did I do??

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Bill M said...

I think I'll agree with windwhisperer, #6 is a bit over the top.

I had (basically) all of these in my 1925 house, but all in one room, and with the paneling on top of the lot.

Wallpaper steamers work pretty well for removal, but make sure you rent the paper perforator as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home